Warriors Of The Wasteland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goob's Application

3 posters

Go down

Goob's Application Empty Goob's Application

Post  Goob Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:36 am

1. What is your Name? Jeremy

2. What is your in-game name? Goob
3. What is your Age? 24

4. Do you have Ventrilo? Yep

5. Do you have a working microphone? Yes

6. What games to you play?

I currently play WoW, Bad Company 2, TF2, Civ4, and APB enough to claim, with random others tossed in when mind wanders.

7. What are you looking for in a Clan/Guild/Community? People to blow stuff up with. Build friendships that will last a lifetime and all that jazz. jocolor (mostly the first one)

8. Why do you want to join Warriors of the Wasteland?

I honestly don't know much about the clan aside from what I've seen of you in game and read from you in forum posts. Being in the top 5 of the league is definately a huge +, but mostly it is the way you carry yourselves that caught my attention. I haven't seen (hey it could be out there) you guys claiming to be amazing, pro-quality, league sponsored gamers, yet you're still right up there with those that do in silent glory. :p I haven't been griefed by any of you (yet), and all of the posts I've seen regarding you are legible and well thought out. Any clan can shoot people and claim to be the best, but you guys seem to just play and play effectively without all the jaw-wagging that the 'baddest of the bad' do.

TL;DR: I want to join cuz you guys seem capable, intelligent, and dedicated. You seem to be going places without rampant self-awareness and better-than-you'ism (I made that one up).

9. How many hours a week do you spend online? I'm military (a sailor, so I'm down with the language policy), and my schedule changes more than my underwear - generally, 5-11pm PST, weekends all day, and duty days none. At least 15-20 hours a week. (typing that hurts)

10. Would you be interested in taking on a leadership role and/or responsibilities in the community? Not opposed.

11. Do you know anyone currently in Warriors of the Wasteland? Negative.

12. Where did you hear about us? APB forums and spotted a couple of you in-game.

13. **Bonus round: Any other items of consideration you feel you should inform us of?

I play pretty constantly with two other people that will likely be interested in joining as well. We've gamed together since Planetside (and two of us since original Unreal Tourny). We're pretty bad about smack-talk between the three of us (all friendly for the most part Wink ). Our biggest flaw is likely the nerd-rage the other two share haha. Hopefully its within the rules to occasionally smack-talk opponents and flip their car in glorious vengeance or to pick a fight with an enforcer crew. (by no means to the point of griefing, we prefer to think of it as fueling the fight-fire). pig

Thanks and hope to hear good news soon.

Goob
Warrior
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Goob's Application Empty Re: Goob's Application

Post  iMToXIe Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:49 am

Seems to be all right, sir. Hook up with an officer (I'll be on for a while at least) in-game or on vent to get your clan invite and get yourself situated. And bring your trash-talking friends on by, we could use all the frags we can get.

Don't forget to post in the roll call under announcements, even new members are expected to.
iMToXIe
iMToXIe
Recruitment Manager
Recruitment Manager

Back to top Go down

Post  Velox Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:05 pm

Goob wrote:1. What is your Name? Jeremy

2. What is your in-game name? Goob
3. What is your Age? 24

4. Do you have Ventrilo? Yep

5. Do you have a working microphone? Yes

6. What games to you play?

I currently play WoW, Bad Company 2, TF2, Civ4, and APB enough to claim, with random others tossed in when mind wanders.

7. What are you looking for in a Clan/Guild/Community? People to blow stuff up with. Build friendships that will last a lifetime and all that jazz. jocolor (mostly the first one)

8. Why do you want to join Warriors of the Wasteland?

I honestly don't know much about the clan aside from what I've seen of you in game and read from you in forum posts. Being in the top 5 of the league is definately a huge +, but mostly it is the way you carry yourselves that caught my attention. I haven't seen (hey it could be out there) you guys claiming to be amazing, pro-quality, league sponsored gamers, yet you're still right up there with those that do in silent glory. :p I haven't been griefed by any of you (yet), and all of the posts I've seen regarding you are legible and well thought out. Any clan can shoot people and claim to be the best, but you guys seem to just play and play effectively without all the jaw-wagging that the 'baddest of the bad' do.

TL;DR: I want to join cuz you guys seem capable, intelligent, and dedicated. You seem to be going places without rampant self-awareness and better-than-you'ism (I made that one up).

9. How many hours a week do you spend online? I'm military (a sailor, so I'm down with the language policy), and my schedule changes more than my underwear - generally, 5-11pm PST, weekends all day, and duty days none. At least 15-20 hours a week. (typing that hurts)

10. Would you be interested in taking on a leadership role and/or responsibilities in the community? Not opposed.

11. Do you know anyone currently in Warriors of the Wasteland? Negative.

12. Where did you hear about us? APB forums and spotted a couple of you in-game.

13. **Bonus round: Any other items of consideration you feel you should inform us of?

I play pretty constantly with two other people that will likely be interested in joining as well. We've gamed together since Planetside (and two of us since original Unreal Tourny). We're pretty bad about smack-talk between the three of us (all friendly for the most part Wink ). Our biggest flaw is likely the nerd-rage the other two share haha. Hopefully its within the rules to occasionally smack-talk opponents and flip their car in glorious vengeance or to pick a fight with an enforcer crew. (by no means to the point of griefing, we prefer to think of it as fueling the fight-fire). pig

Thanks and hope to hear good news soon.

Our rules can be vague at times. A little trash talk and a low level of grieving is all good, and fair game. There will only become a problem if a specific member is being blatantly disrespectful using derogatory/racist remarks. Or if they are behaving in a way in-game which starts creating a poor reputation for the Community.

Welcome to the Wasteland, glad to have you aboard!
Velox
Velox
High Warlord
High Warlord

Back to top Go down

Post  Goob Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:56 pm

Good to know, thanks for clarification. We're not really griefers, though I can't really say if its cuz we have morals or if we're just too lazy/A.D.D. to bother sticking around long enough to really irritate someone. :p

Myself and Cleetus are in now, with one more in processing! Hope to catch up to you guys soon and learn a thing or two.

Goob
Warrior
Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down